Thursday, September 12, 2013

C4T Blog Post


 

 

C4T #1
 


The teacher blog I was assigned to was Jenny's Learning journey. Miss Jenny She is the owner of the blog. On the first post that I commented on, Miss She was telling a story about one of her students names Tatiana. She had just finished instructing her students on how to leave comments on their friends post on their class blog. They had twenty minutes left in the school day so she let the children choose an activity while she recorded stories for their class movies. She heard Tatianna shout Miss. She! "You've been snapped!" Her response was, "Show me!” Her student had picked up a camera and "snapped" a picture of Miss. She. Miss. She called this intelligent learning or even porous learning because Tatianna had taken the knowledge she gained recently in the classroom to create something of her own, which was the picture of Miss. She.

 

My response:


In my response to Miss. She, I told her how sweet this story was. I know as a teacher that you get excited when a child takes things into their own hands. The students are learning to use more advanced devices at younger ages now. I told her that my daughter loves taking pictures and she is only 3! I liked how Tatiana said she took a picture of Miss She. She shouted "You got snapped!! I told Miss She I liked the way she responded to Tatianna because she glorified her for her skills instead of getting on to her for doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing. She may have sparked an interest in photography for Tatianna, just for glorifying her work.





C4T Post # 2

 

Miss. She hasn't made a more recent blog post since the last one I commented on so I went back to her blog and commented on an older one. In this blog Miss. She was telling everyone that her classroom was chosen to participate in an experiment where her class received two iPads. She told her blog readers that she downloaded new apps for her class to experiment with, and that would help them with many of their academic subjects. They would also be able to play games and things for fun rewards! She also explains some of the ways in which her class uses the iPads to do extra work and activities that would follow class curriculum. Miss. She even used the iPad as a behavior controller!

 

My response to Miss. She:

 

I told Miss. She that I was happy for both she and her students for being chosen to experiment with iPads in the classroom. I let her know that I too thought iPads were great educational tools, and I hoped that the experiment went well and they were able to keep the devices. I also think it was a great idea for her to use the iPads as a reward for the student's that were well behaved. I also stated that I thought because the students are getting to play on an electronic device they will love to spend time playing the games and using the apps, and because it was an electronic they would probably take away more knowledge because it is interactive and they can enjoy it more! The possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment